ORP/REDOX Tester (With Temperature Display)
ORP Oxidation is a process in which a molecule or ion loses electrons. Reduction is a process by which electrons are gained. A measurement of the potential for these processes to occur is called ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential). The ORP REDOX Potential Tester is a unique hand-held tester developed to determine this value.
ORP is a result of the wide demand for an accurate, affordable ORP tester.This instrument is particularly valuable because there are no chemical test kits or litmus paper that can measure this parameter. Until now the only alternative was an expensive ORP electrode used with a special pH meter with mV readings, now there is ORP. The high-tech platinum electrode assures accuracy along with fast response and excellent repeatability.
Measure range: -1999 ~ 1999mV, 0°C ~ 55°C
Resolution: 1mV 0.1°C
Accuracy: ±5mV ±1°C
Power Supply: 4X1.5V (AG ~13 Button cell)
Operating Temperature: 0°C ~ 50°C
Dimensions: 170mm x 36mm x 23mm
- Remove the protective cap
- Turn on the meter by ON-OFF switch located on the top.
- Dip the meter into solution up to the immersion level. Under no circumstances immerse above the display level.
- Stir gently and wait for the reading to stabilise. Read the display value.
- After use, switch OFF. Use distilled water to clean the electrode and cover with the protective cap.
- Dip ORP meter in to the distilled water. Activate it after a few hours.
- Dip ORP meter in to the standard solution and stir it gently.
- Regulate the trimmer with a screwdriver until LCD screen shows 256mV.
- Clean the electrode with distilled water, and dry it with filter paper.
If the meter can not be switched on or the display fades, please replace the batteries. Pay attention to the polarity of battery.